|20%||6 or More|
EZ-Xtend Zipper makes your life easier by relaxing the fit and providing some much needed slack on boat canvas that is too tight.
- Can be cut to your desired length while on your boat.
- When buying EZ-Xtend Zippers, a long zipper cannot be cut down and used on multiple zippers. You must buy one zipper per zipper so they will mate properly.
- EZ-Xtend Zippers are 1" in width. If needed, you can also use more than one EZ-Xtend Zipper mated together in order to fill wider gaps between your zippers.
- All orders Include SS zipper stop which allows you to cut zipper to length and place stop at end of zipper. This is exactly how we do it in our shop too!
- Click here for instructions for installing EZ-Xtend Zippers, we also send instructions with every order.
- Please read ALL bullet points and instructions to lower the possibility of mistakes being made.
- The most accurate way to identify your zipper is to use the zipper slider identity graphics found in the images.
- BEWARE some boats have both #8 and #10 zipper on their canvas, check carefully before ordering.
- Again DO NOT order a long zipper thinking you can cut it down and use the remainder on other zippers. Without the locking mechanism included with each zipper, you risk loosing your canvas overboard in rough weather or worse, someone leaning back on your canvas and falling overboard.
*We want you to know that the EZ-Xtend Zippers are NOT a sew-in zipper. These zippers have teeth on both sides
and zip into your existing zipper. They allow you to add an extra inch when your canvas has shrunk and won't zip closed.
Return to EZ-Xtend Zippers page
Installation Instructions for EZ-Xtend Zippers
Special Pre-installation Note: If you have a zipper pull that you can't back up because of separated teeth, don't force it backwards. Slide the pull down to the bottom and cut a small slit between the last two teeth and slide your pull off the zipper from the bottom, separating the rest of the teeth with your hand.
Then you can begin your EZ-Xtend Zipper installation.
1. Unzip and lay aside clear panel where the EZ-Zipper is to be installed.
2. Lightly run a tube of chapstick across the old zipper teeth,
this will help the new zipper and old zipper join together. Don't overdo it.
3. Zip in your new EZ-Xtend Zipper. Cut EZ-zipper to length.
4. Crimp the stainless steel zipper stop onto the last tooth on
the slider side of the zipper only (a pair of pliers will work
for this). Keep the extra zipper stop in case you loose, drop
or need another zipper stop somewhere else on the boat.
5. Zip the clear enclosure panel back in place and snap.