Return to Canvas Boat Cover & Repair Advisor
Drip Shield Installation
Reasonably sharp scissors.
1. Thoroughly clean fabric where drip shields
will be secured. If
that means soap and stiff bristled brush
to remove all mold,
mildew and loose dirt etc., then do so.
2. Remove any old Velcro and thread. You want the shields to
flat, clean fabric to adhere to.
3. Let dry completely.
4. Hold drip shield up to determine the best
location. This is the
time to trim to desired size should it be
paper is peeled off the adhesive.
5. Once you are sure about the location and
position. Peel and
stick drip shields in place. Drip shields should not be lifted
and stuck over and over. This will weaken the adhesive.
Get it right the first time.
6. Press fabric and adhesive together, using
pressure to make a secure bond.
7. Allow adhesive to set 24 hours before
exposure to excessive wind,
This is an aggressive adhesive.
The bond strengthens as
sets.Thanks for purchasing
EZ-Xtend Drip Shields. Please let us
know your experiences at email@example.com . We would love to see your photos. www.ez-xtendboatzippers.com